Sunday, April 19, 2009

danica patrick fight

Patrick is the hard-charging driver/cover girl/swimsuit model who turned the venerable Indianapolis 500 on its ear in 2005, at age 23, by leading the race for 19 laps and finishing fourth, unprecedented achievements by a woman. Since then, she has become the face of the I.R.L., its most marketable asset and a driver for perhaps the best team, Andretti Green.

But her contract with Andretti Green expires after this season, and speculation about Patrick’s next career move is heating up. Will she remain in the open-wheel world of I.R.L.? Is the globetrotting Formula One circuit an option? Or will she jump to the stock cars of Nascar’s Sprint Cup series, the richest and most visible racing league in the United States?

DANICA PATRICK (No. 7 Motorola, fourth): "It was a good job on the strategy and getting that right. We pitted at the right times. I believe they just said Dario (Franchitti) and I were on that strategy. If the yellows would have fallen just right, we’d have had the lead, and there was just no passing out there. Unfortunately, I made a little mistake and Will Power got by and then Tony Kanaan got by me because of the blend line, but it’s weird because there’s no way he would have beat me out, because I passed him still on the track, but the way that the blend line works, it’s so early in the straightaway compared to where you enter. But it was a much better result, obviously, for us, and I’m real proud of how we all kept our heads down and made a result out of it instead of getting down. The Motorola guys did a great job and got me out quickly."




More Hot Stories:
susan boyle cry me a river
Jasmine Waltz is Ryan Seacrest Girlfriend

0 comments:

Post a Comment